St Nicholas Church Children’s Charter
This church believes that children have a special place in God’s heart, and therefore in the Church. With this in mind we will:
- Ensure that every child is welcome within the fellowship of the church as a whole, not just to a part of it.
- Make provision for children at all meetings or events where they are likely to be present.
- Attempt to understand and meet the needs of children in our care at all levels – spiritual, social, emotional, educational and physical.
- When children are present, make every effort to use language (vocabulary and concepts) which is appropriate when speaking to children or groups that include them.
- Seek those who are gifted and called to work with children then, support, encourage and provide ongoing training for those who have been entrusted with the care of children.
- Improve the physical resources and physical environment available for children within the church.
- Recognise and attempt to meet the particular needs of parents associated with the church.
- Give more opportunity and encouragement for children to participate in services and on other appropriate occasions.
- Organise more social events that could be enjoyed by all ages.
- This charter in no way diminishes our commitment to those who, whilst they may still be children at heart, are no longer so in years. We affirm our belief that God’s Kingdom embraces those of all ages, both sexes and every race.